Tuesday, April 12, 2005

One for the crew in BF Everett!

OK, I am admittedly not an enamoured fan of Coronation Street (since Y&R is THE best soap in the world, PERIOD!!!). I have to say that I totally found this story funny because not only did the wedding of poor old Prince Charles and his second pick get bumped by the unfortunate timing in the death of the Holy Father, but they also lost out to the PRETEND wedding on a soap opera?

I could go into a rant about the death of the monarchy and how the money saved in paying those folks to sit on their ass, hunt quail and feed the dogs food better than their subjects eat could be put to much better use. However, I really do not have the time or energy to do so. I'll put it off for another day.

Actually, that just gave me an idea. I will modify the template so that there is a parking lot in the column. Those of you who teach will know what that means right away. Basically, when the topic drops off target (like this post) or you think of something but cannot deal with it right away, you put it in the parking lot so that you remember to get back to it later, but it allows you to get back on track now. Consider the death of the monarchy parked.

Ciao.


CANOE -- JAM! - Soap wedding beats royal nuptials in ratings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not kissing butt, thank you very much! :P *LOL*

Anonymous said...

OK this demands a rebuttal from a proud monarchist who believes in the monarchys place within the bounds of the British constitutional law.

First no surprise Corio drew a bigger audience. I would have watched it to.
I have no desire to see Charles marry again. I have distinct memories of getting up very early for the first one and thinking to myself that it was all a bit over the top.

2nd I am very surprised that they postponed the Grand National. That race is the biggest annual event in a nation of gamblers. It is also the most fun horse race to watch. I remember my dad placing bets on my behalf for this race when I was 8 or 9 years old. I bet on Red Rum (a horse from liverpool, if I recall correctly.)
I can only assume they delayed the race so Camilla could make it in time for the starters pistol. I wonder what colours the jockey wore??

3rd I am further surprised that the royal wedding drew a bigger audience than the race. I suspect that they don't count all the people in pubs as separate viewers. If you did that I suspect it was no contest.

4th Y&R doesn't hold a candle to the longest running soap in the world and if you added up the worldwide audiences I am sure Y&R would be left in the dust.

God Save the Queen!!

Famine