Monday, April 04, 2005

Some people, have no reason...

So, Dilbert is well known for illustrating the various situations and strife that a lot of us experience in our everyday work life. I think I need to buy a few of his books, get permission to republish them, and then I will be able to storybook my last year at work. Barring that, I will simply have to take care to illustrate things in VERY broad scenarios and visions. :)

Now, as a lot of folks know, my pet peeve in life is ignorance. I hate all forms of it though I can deal with the true version, lack of knowledge, by teaching (which I love to do). There are those that hae great difficulty in learning lessons. These people sometimes provide the most fun in my life. As a professional SD, I take great pleasure in tweaking this group of poor saps. Another great pet peeve is those folks who believe that their self-importance is greater than others and seem to want to ensure that others understand that.

Know what's important? Whatever happens to be important. Ask someone with a clue and they could tell you exactly what that is. Ask someone clueless and they will ramble on about something concerning them that they actually believe is important but everyone around them knows is not.

Now, I dare not generalize about a certain group but suffice it to say that in these modern times of ours, SOME folks are far too concerned about the little letters following their name than about the work that needs to be done! Personally, I am more concerned about the work and could give a flying fig about the little letters. I realize that the little letters are important (especially to salary) but I also realize that there is more to it than that. I am all for people attaining certifications and titles and positions, but I rail against that machine that turns these same people into newly minted anal orifices bent on proving their superiority to people who are clearly superior to themselves.

Now, you may think I am embittered because of a current or recent past boss. You would be wrong in that aspect since I have lucked out the last four jobs I have had (mainly because three were managed by the same person in three different companies) and worked with some very cool people (including the present group). No, I am not so much concerned about myself as I am about others that are not so fortunate as myself. I am concerned about those oppressed by micromanaging, meglomaniacal, self-important, clueless nad jobs that happen to have a title and/or some letters after their name. Hopefully, one day, someone will see these people for what they are truly of good use for; anchoring boats.

Peace.

No comments: