Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Apple Hits the Intel Switch

OK, so it is not a rumour anymore. Before I get into the article, let me just publicly state that I think Peter Burrows is a hack. I was quite enjoying his article until I saw the following:

Already, Apple PowerBooks run more slowly than Windows-compatible models. A top-of-the-line PowerBook runs at 1.67 gigahertz, vs. 2.13 gHz for a high-end Dell.

Ok, dumbass, why would one think that the fact the CPU in one system running at a higher GHz reading immediately makes it faster? Does having a 5.0L V8 means it is so much faster than a 2.2L 4 cylinder banger? I think a certain Lotus Espirt Turbo would have something to say about that. Does the spin rate of a hard drive immediately make it a faster drive? Tests have dispelled that myth many times. So why is this ass drumming the same sorry comparison again? Or did he forget that a Centrino laptop, running a Pentium M at lower clock speeds will match and beat their high clocked desktop brethren on a regular basis? His credibility in being knowledgeable went straight down the toilet with that stupid ass comment.

Anyhow, the rest of the article is at least factual. Again, it remains to be seen how this transition will be handled. I for one have always said that if they ported the amazing Mac OS X to Intel hardware, it would definitely give Windows a serious run for the money. I would switch in an instant!

Ciao.

Apple Hits the Intel Switch

No comments: