Sunday, June 26, 2005

Memed by a cyclist!

In the immortal words of Bill Murray, "I've been slimed!" OK, no green mucus like material was involved, but it was close.

1. Total amount of music on computer?
It does not specify ripped CDs or total MP3s and other. So, I will say that we have not finished ripping our CDs, but we have over 20GBs ripped at 128KBs. We also have another 8GBs of MP3s that are typically rare remixes and such that one typically does not find on retail CDs. If we can, I would add in another 12 CDs full of various albums and MP3 rarities.

2. CD you last bought?
The last CD we bought was at the Best Buy; Grammy Nominees 2005. I think we got another one at the same time but I do not remember. We always get the Grammy disc because it has such a wide variety of music on it.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
It was an old school disc by the TKO sound crew. Uhm, I think it was either Anita Ward's Ring My Bell or Earth, Wind and Fire's September.

4. 5 songs you often listen to, or which mean a lot to you? Bloody Hell. Hmmmm, okay here goes my shot at it:

a) Son of a Gun - from the All For You album, Janet Jackson. This is one of those songs I use when I need to drive or want to drive quickly. Heavy bass beats on the two extra remixed versions at the end of the CD+DVD version are worth the extra coin. Missy E and P. Diddy lend a helping hand (Puffy's version is nicer).

b) I love old House music (that would be the heavy bass kind, not the bullshit, stupid dance, repetitive, screechy kind they dare to call house music nowadays). So, stuff like Set It Off and One Nation Under the Groove are also automobile favourites.

c) EVERY single song by Sade, but especially,...hmmm, I thought I could pin down one or two songs but I cannot. Sade is the person I listen to when I want the world to just go away. As a young adult, I used to snap on the headphones, crank it up and lie in front of the stereo with my eyes closed. Anyone needing me would have to go into the basement and tap me because I heard nothing and saw nothing when I was in that world. I was fortunate to see her in concert at Canada's Wonderland with the Digable Planets opening for her. The openers were weak, but when her sultry, bare-footed self sauntered on stage, I forgot my friend and my ex-wife sitting beside me. It was all about Sade!

d) Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden. And now we have the sentimental choice. This is one of many songs DW would send to me in our early days of courting. It really says it all and remains true to our love today. Ok, start sobing now.

e) UB40 songs, especially Here I Am (Come And Take Me), are special to me because I used to play them all the time when TC was still in the womb and afterwards as I zoomed up the DVP in my Nissan 280Z with the music cranked up (not enough to deafen the baby but enough to give her a sense of rhythm).

I enjoyed this walk down memory lane, but I am all tagged out so I won't tag anyone else for now.

No comments: