Monday, June 13, 2005

Happy Anniversary, DW!

Yes, this is a sappy post. I was supposed to write it earlier today but it's been a helluva day. Anyhow, to the point of the post.

Today is our First Anniversary. The Big 0-1!! It's been both an eventful and uneventful year, most of which is really suitable for another post or not at all. They say that the first year is the hardest year to survive in a new marriage. It does not matter that you have lived with a person for whatever amount of years, there is always stuff that you find out after you say "I do". Maybe you really have strange habits in the bathroom (or bedroom) that you never exposed before in fear that it would scare the other person away. Maybe you had family that no human being should be forced to meet. Maybe you really were not as strong and independent as you made yourself out to be. No matter the reason, no matter the issue, it will be exposed and tested in the first year.

I am happy to say that we passed and we did so with flying colours.

I can honestly tell you that I am as in love with my wife today as I was in the beginning of our relationship. Actually, that is not true; I am more in love with her today. She has endured all of my idiotic carrying-ons, strong-willed decisions, stubbornness, immediate family trials and extended family dramas. She worries about me when no one else even knows there is something wrong. She caters to me when she knows my spirit is at an ebb to give me a lift. She surprises me with gifts from the bulk barn (i.e. Reeses Pieces) when she knows I have been having a particularly trying week. She supports me when she does not agree with me. She defends me against all others when they, to their detriment, consider her a wallflower.

In return, I rub her the right way... on her feet. Which she amazingly is able to strategically place within arms length when we sit on the couch together watching TV. She says it is not deliberate, but when the pinkies touch the side of one's leg you just know your place. So, she cooks and BBQs like she is feeding a small country. She entertains whomever I drag over to eat and drink. She puts up with me and with all my family crap (flung from multiple sources in multiple directions). She loves me without condition. She really does complete me and I do not know what I would ever do without her. I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with her. I will post in 49 years to tell you all how its been.

Maybe she would have found the big A/C button by then.

Happy Anniversary My Love!

Clyde
PS Did I mention that she is as much of a geek as I am? The general rule of the house is that almost all new technology entering the house must go to her first. i get the hand me downs.

No comments: