Monday, June 27, 2005

A little bit of luck.

This weekend was pretty much like most in terms of how busy we were with running about. The slight and welcomed difference was in the luck we had during that time.

On Saturday, one of our somewhat quarterly No-Limit Hold 'Em tournaments were played. Since we have been joining these, there have been 8-10 of them and only on the first one was I on the last table (the one where you can collect money) while we came close or totally buested out the rest of times; until this one, that is.

I was playing as tight as a frog's ass underwater and with some very timely waves of luck (my apologies to Charlie and the three Queenly stingers I delivered him), I mangaged to keep rising back like the Phonix from the ashes of bad hands and ill conceived decisions. If I was on the receiving end, I too would have been pissed. In the end, I made a thousand dollar decision in the wrong favour. I went in on a marginal hand that I was holding almost all night and it got beat by an overpair on the flop. Such is life and I still left happy with second place out of 35 players.

On Sunday, DW sat down and went through our stack of retirement fund pledges and found that we were two number shy of retirment. DAMN! We got five out of seven numbers in Friday's Super 7 draw which helped to offset some weekend spending. To come out of the weekend no worse (and maybe a little up) than when we entered is never a bad thing. Hopefully it is an omen for the rest of the week.

May you all have similiar luck this week. Ciao.

No comments: