Friday, February 03, 2006

Women.

I have a quick question for you XX types. Why the hell can you not answer a simple question with a simple answer?

Leaving in a household with not one, but two XX types, I am constantly doing a virtual head bang whenever a conversation ensues and I ask a question. This is usually met with a stream of sentences, paragraphs, dialogue, monolgoues, all sorts of things except for one: the answer to my question! I almost always end up either interrupting the stream of verbage or staring blankly into the ether as I wait for the end, a breath or some other pause in which I can ask for my question to be answered so I can move forward in life.

Seriously, it is not me just being rude. I am just a simple guy. The strange thing is I was brought up to provide an answer to the question asked. Simple. Concise. Short and to the point. It just astounds me that I get a play, a reading of a script, a proclamation or some other long winded diatribe for the simplest of questions that typically require a yes or a no.

So, my simple question to you all is this: is it genetically impossible for you to answer a simple question with a simple answer?

Oh, and please don;t read this as I do not enjoy conversations with the ladies in my life. I love to talk with them, hear about their day and discuss various topics. I just really hate not being answered. Promptly. Quickly. Succinctly. Understand?

Ciao. :)

No comments: