Monday, July 11, 2005

Married Life - part deux

So, while Dave is happily enjoying new wedded bliss (coincidentally it wears off the same time the alcohol does), I would be remiss if I did not get the guys in agreement about a little talked about but well known marriage irk: the unanswerable question.

Now, before you ladies, including DW, start in on me, understand that this is what you do so just admit it and save the drama, including DW.

So, there we are watching the boob tube last night. DW pipes up and starts to ask me a question (the exact text escapes me at the moement) about the show she has been watching for the exact same length of time that I have. It was something like "Why is he....?" and "What does mean?" about what was going on. Now, to the naked eye, by reaction is over the top. To the knowledgeable folks, they know I only go there after repeated visits.

Why am I Kreskin all of a sudden? Did I write the script? Did I see some sort of pre-show that let me in on information that DW did not have? Was my computer use during the show less than hers?

It would be fine if this was the first, the second or even the tenth time she has done this. But, oh no, this has to be in the triple digits now and it bugs my skin each and every time. Wanna know what is going on? Pay attention. Amazingly, it is what I am expected to do when you ask me these maddening questions. :) I still love you hon, I'm just getting you your own TV. Yeah yeah, I know the big screen belongs to you. Sheesh!

Guys, help me out here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think DW and IronMac share the same trait. We'll be watching a drama (e.g., Law and Order, L & O: SVU, CSI, etc.) and he'll ask why so-and-so did this or that.

What?!? I'm scriptwriter?!