Monday, July 11, 2005

Married Life

Today, our good friend DP (leave it alone people) got remarried to his love on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. We were able to be a part of it remotely thanks to technology; a webcam is setup in the wedding chapel. This is great and all except for a few little irks:

1 - there is no sound, no real-time video and the size is a bit small. New technology will surely fix this one day.

2 - Psycho blond photographer and the two witnesses kept putting themselves between the cam and the people we were online to see. The back of your heads are lovely, now get the ^%(*&( out of the way!

3 - People in the wedding, including the bride and groom, forgot there is a delay to get images to us (20-60 secs on average). So, we missed the ring on the finger and the kiss after the "I dos". I have some shots that I will post on my photblog later.

4 - The lighting could have been adjusted to make things a bit clearer.

Sorry, once a geek, always a geek. I was just glad to see it happen though. DSP (as I can now I call the two of them collectively) are good friends and great supporters of DW and I both personally and professionally. Though he is now emasculated once again, I congratulate my man DP for taking the steps to ensure happiness again. I congratulate SP for taking a chance again after everything else and for putting that smile back on his face (keep it clean people, I am almost done).

To the happy couple, Salut!

No comments: