Monday, July 11, 2005

"Pleasures of the Fur", Vanity Fair, March 2001

The next couple of posts are going to have you shaking you head a bit, but trust me when I saw that DW and I are not that, er, adventurous. I decided to post these articles after doing some research when my curiosity was peaked again following the viewing of an associated CSI episode. In this episode, a furry, (or is it plushy?) licked someone he should not have and was made sick. Since he was a recovering alcoholic, his girlfriend (the woman who got him into this, uhm, lifestyle) thought he fell off the wagon. The expected argument ensued and she kicked him out of the car.

While the poor bastard was bent over at the side of the road, a highway clean up dude (or something) saw him from a distance, but in the suit, looked like a coyote. So, highway dude shot the coyote. Well, not yet dead dude, still sick (in the suit, yech) stumbles in the road, where he is hit by the girlfriend who had returned to get him. The shock of hitting him forces her onto the wrong side of the road where he clock is cleaned by an 18-wheeler.

Yeah, strange episode, but I had to know if this stuff was real. It apparently is. Has anyone actually witnessed this stuff in real life (participant or not)?


"Pleasures of the Fur", Vanity Fair, March 2001

5 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

CSI definitely goes to some dark and oddball places. My fave episode remains the one where Grissom spars with the Dominatrix. You could see the fascination and intrigue like smoke in the air.

Anonymous said...

Rumor is that "Heather" will return for season 6 opener. As to this furry fetish, it's odd but then again, all fetishes are.

I just don't see how anyone could afford this furry habit. Those mascot costumes run anywhere from $500-4000 each and the cleaning costs must be high given the "sexual side" of things (that or they have very small noses).

Dtrini said...

Oh man, I loved that Dominatrix episode for the challenge it presented Grissom personally. Here was his intellectual equal, maybe superior in ways, and she is unattainable on because his sensibilities would not allow it. THAT is why it is the top show.

Dtrini said...

Uhm, I am not going to ask how you know the price range on the costumes. It would simply shatter my wholesome view of you.

As for the "activities" that they engage in, the fur pile and the scritching and the grooming, what can I say but...

(%(*^%(&^%*&%^(% Freaks!!!

Anonymous said...

I know about the price of mascot costumes because I was trying to find a really good one for a Hallowe'en costume. :D