Thursday, July 21, 2005

Weekend Update!

Yeah yeah, sue me for being late. No? Good, then let's get on with it.

So, it had been a busy and hard week for both DW and I. For her, it was more of the same at work. For me, the frickin' storms were causing much havoc with the network so sleep was fleeting for the week.

Friday:
Been a long week and we could use a bit of a break so DW and I decide to use up a couple of our coupons to go see a movie. Originally we were going to go see Wedding Crashers but we saw a commercial on TV for The Docks' drive-in theatre and DW checked it out. It seems that they were showing the movie along with The Perfect Man. So, we revised our plans and I dragged her off to see The Fantastic Four with the promise that we would go see the other movies the following day. F4 was not a terrific adaptation of a well-known comic, but it was a decent time-waster with reasonable special effects and the proper set-up for a sequel. Of course Some George's chicken and another movie on DVD when we got home (yeah, I know you know this already but form dictates).

Saturday:
While we would have loved to have just slept in for a change with no one else in the house. Sigh. As usual, we had a full slate of things to do. We had to go to Acme locksmith to get a proper key cut for the POS. Then the POS went to Fine Details to get detailed and smelling better. We took a short nap when we got home, went back out to pick up the car and then, we went off to the drive-in. I must say, I cannot believe it took me over twenty one years after I got my license to go to one. All I can say is, find a way to hide food and drink to take in because the sons of bitches gouge your ass at the concession stands. We got back in fairly late

Sunday:
We had a little stop at Canada Computers to pick up a USB to IDE adapter, Chapters for Harry Potter and my geek mags, Factory Direct to return hubs that had lead content with a warning from California, and then to return a wireless mouse to Future Shop. Afterwards, we headed downtown to have dinner with my BIL and MIL. My MIL had recently returned from a tour in Italy so we went through a slideshow on her iMac of over 400 pictures; digital cameras really are the best travel tools nowadays. A phone call with some bittersweet news to end the night and the weekend came to an end.

No comments: