Friday, March 18, 2005

All this hassle for a little floured disc?

Panzerotto Pizza sucks ass! I am so tired of businesses that do not know how to train their customer facing employees to provide proper customer service. I've worked in all manner of such positions. I have pumped propane and worked the self-serve kiosk at Shell, delivered newspapers, acted as an independant courier, worked the midnight counter at 7-11, and sold, removed and installed stereo equipment in automobiles. In all those times, I only ever had words at the 7-11 and that was with a drunk guy threatening to do stupid things in the store (I made him "realize" that it would be a foolish thing to do on my shift).

Anyhow, back to the ass-sucking people. All I wanted to do was not cook today. All I wanted was a nice, deep fried, Deluze Panzerotto for my baby, DW. Could I get that without hassle? I thought so, but then buddy shows up over 15mins late, wants to blame it on the winter (all the roads all clear and dry) and is rude and belligerent in the process. Remember, just earlier today, I said my pet peeve was ignorance. I apparently had the policy mistaken for a company that had a clue (no guarantee of delivery?!?!?), but I lost it as this butt munch stood in my doorway trying to run excuse after excuse by me. It's winter, he has an hour (apparently, he does), it's my walkway's fault, there is no guarantee (apparently there is not), he does not want to call his people, etc.

When we called, the person on the phone sounded so bored I would have gladly ended it for her myself. She was disinterested and unhelpful and then, to an IT GEEK, attempted to blame my placing the order online for his lateness and tells us it should add to the time he has to deliver. We pointed out that the email for confirmation was immediate and that doorknob admitted he was running late. We told her off for being as useless as certain bull parts and as uncaring as well. We hung up and went to the site to check on the stupid policy and the link to complain.

Since we will NEVER trust an order of food from there again (no "special sauce" for us please lest I have to seriously rearrange dna there), we created a new email addy on hotmail just to complain. That was funny as we had to change the name we wanted (upsetcustomer) because there are 54 previous versions of that name! The end result is the blurb I have posted for your reading pleasure below. Enjoy my fringe of madness and learn from it. :)

Peace.

The Rant:

I have been a loyal customer of Panerotto Pizza for many years, but after my experience tonight, I will no longer be ordering from you. What your website says versus what your driver and telephone people say are two different things.

To not have a guranteed delivery time, to suggest to a customer that "anytime" between 45 minutes and an hour is acceptable and to suggest that after an HOUR, you expect to only give the customer an undisclosed discount? Also, your phone person wanted to suggest that ordeing online introduced such a delay in the process as to account for the extra 15 mins. Since I have both delivered pizza in my youth and work in IT as an adult, I know this is such a crock that it is laughable.

The driver that delivered to my house tonight was belligerent and rude, would not talk to your people on the phone and was unapologetic for being late. In fact, he tried to deny the fact that he was more than the 15 minutes later than the website said it should be. He then tried to say that a half hour more was allowed in the winter when the streets are as dry as a bone.

I was looking forward to my Panzerottos, as was my wife. After this experience though, we would not trust the ingredients to be fully clean coming from the area we live in.

Hopefully, this will cause your company to rethink it's policy though I highly doubt any of you care based on the conduct of your employees.

No comments: