Friday, March 18, 2005

Do you like SPAM?

I know, you thought I would be talking about the annoying emails that show up in one's email box that shows promise of larger, er, "items" via a creme, exercise or medication (DW tried to get me a birthday present from one of these emails I suspect). Anyhow, it is not like that at all.

As anyone that loves Python knows, SPAM(tm) is a staple of the Flying Cirus. Now, arguably the best Python movie ever, The Quest for the Holy Grail, has been converted into a Broadway musical. Yes, I know that EVERY bloody thing is being put to music these days, but apparently this one is good and it has over 20 million bucks in advance ticket sales. The fact that two big name stars are present cannot hurt it; Misters Curry and Azaria.

Tim Curry has been many characters but will be most remembered for his roll in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Hank Azaria is a veteran of small and big screen but is best known for his voices on the Simpsons.

I hope it eventually reaches up here and with real talent not whomever would play the part in Canada.

Ciao.

' Spamalot,' Review on Broadway.com

No comments: