Friday, March 18, 2005

I'll do the other 99 later.

To follow a current trend in the world of blogs, I will be posting my version of "100 things about Me", but for now, I want to deal with just one particular item. I think that I would have to say my biggest pet peeve is ignorance. Now ignorance has two faces; a lack of knowledge and an overabundance of stupidity. I tend to get more riled by the combination of the two. Let me explain.

If someone honestly is unaware about something, not through disinterest or laziness, then I can educate and deal with that. If someone is acting up simply because it was too hard to get the facts, then that person is &^%*&%^ ignorant and I have little time or patience for them. Understand the difference? Good.

Recently, maybe because of the change in the weather, I have had to deal with many new sightings of ignorance in my immediate range of influence during the day. I will be the first to admit that I know a little about a huge variety of things, but am a SME (subject matter expert) on very few things. I do not argue about things I do not know about; I wish they could say the same.

It just makes your head shake when someone is arguing with vehemence about the topic when you have all the answers before their mouth opened. At that point, my mind wanders over to where I can find a mint to give them since they have made it obvious that they are talking out of their ass.

Anyone that knows me knows that I love a good discussion and a lively argument. Just do it with some intelligence, otherwise just STFU!!

Peace!

No comments: