Friday, March 18, 2005

Time.

There just is never enough of it and the time has come to try to better utilitize it. Yeah yeah, Dad, I know you said so; get a grip. Anyhow, I find that everyday I am runnig out of time. As a confessed procrastinator, one could say that I am simply lazy or have bad time management skills. Whiel both fo these are true, the bigger issue is that I tend to bite off more than I can chew (my waist can attest to that statement). Right now, I am looking at five computer projects that are in a state of flux; all five are for our own network!

I have a quad server that needs rebuilding, my main system has died yet again, I finally fixed my newphew's SFF but broke it with a PCI card addition I finally got from a friend, I have the TV computer shutdown to try the card in there and I still want to get one of the SUN boxes online with Solaris 9 for SPARC. Add to this two laptop rebuilds for DW and myself, a super overdue test of a DB15 to BNC adapter cable for my IBM 17" monitor, some computer desk area cleanup is needed, some network reconfiguartion will be needed for my Cisco hopes and I have to sift through a TON (literally!) of old equipment to see what can be sold (on a blog post near you) or given to The General for use in a course on the wilds of Amherst Island.

Oh, and all of that is just for the basement area. i am not even going to start thinking about what has to be done in the furnace area, the garage and anywhere upstairs.

TIME! What a concept.

Ciao.

No comments: