Tuesday, March 15, 2005

C'est la vie!

If you don't understand the title, shame on you. Go to Babelfish and translate it.

Anyhow, sometimes you have to take a bit of a risk and a bit of a stand. Sometimes this helps you and sometimes it hurts you. Sometimes, you just don't give a shit.

Today, I had to respond to something that we were voluntarily asked to perform at work. I almost always volunteer so it was no different. The problem lies in the method that was used to accumulate data and the uselessness of that method. That is all I can say because as we all know, people are getting fired all over the place for speaking their minds about their jobs. I will never identify the place I work, the people I work with or what gets done there. That should not stop me from voicing displeasure as I would at the water cooler or the watering hole.

I work for a great company that is on its way to do great things. Someone started hiring people that are paperly qualified, but humanly inept. We have a culture that allowed us to thrive through some seriously hard times. We knew how and when to blow steam off that did not do any detriment to the company. NOW, we are being told how to do that? We are getting people in who love to micromanage and make themselves feel bigger by making others feel small? We are worrying about the minutiae instead of concentrating on the big picture and the final goal? What the hell happened?

Well, as the quote says, "Do not go gentle into that good night". I have no intention to because in real life, I am very much like my blog; intense, opinionated, loyal, fierce, emotional, gentle, caring, arrogant, strong, shy, funny, caustic, crass, belligerent, soft, hard, true and trustworthy. I AM REAL.

And I intend to stay that way.

Peace.

3 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

As you well know, my friend, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. All we can do is offer solutions to the problems we perceive and hope that we can get our voices heard.

In the words of Maj. Charles Emmerson Winchester III:

"But know this: You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice-daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Potter: "I think he's getting the hang of this place."

Dtrini said...

Ah Charles, he was always able to keep his nose above the muck and mire they submerged him in.

And yes, I have paved many highways in my short life. Lots of people should have a smooth journey down. I just cannot continue to sit back and rail at the wind like so many others. An armchair quarterback I just am not.

Mossy Stone said...

Amen, brother.