Wednesday, May 18, 2005

An Apple a day....

Sweet Mary & Joseph! It has finally arrived and I am as giddy as a... okay, I am not THAT giddy but I am reasonably excited about it. What is IT? IT would be the opening of the first Apple store in Canada at the Yorkdale Shopping Centre. The first 1500 people will get a free t-shirt. Guess who is dragging his DW to this? :-)

I have had previous experience, though limited, on the original Mac OS, but it was nothing serious. With the upgrade of the OS to sit on a version of BSD (a UNIX variant), the power of a UNIX desktop is shown, the abilities and extensibilities of the Mac platform grow immensely, the quality and stability increases, the development community expands and the overall future of Apple grew rosier.

Add to that the continued dominance of Apple in the portable MP3 player market and you have a nice one-two punch. The Apple OS is everything the Linux community tried to do and basically failed at. Sound, video, wireless, security, stability, commercial applications; everything needed to compete with the Wintel (Windows and Intel) duopoly.

Oh yeah, I am excited. Now give me my shirt!


Apple Store - Yorkdale

7 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

Dude, you are an UberGeek. Help is available in the form of a 12-step program. Seek immediate assistance.

Penny said...

What Dtrini says, "I have had previous experience, though limited, on the original Mac OS, but it was nothing serious. With the upgrade of the OS to sit on a version of BSD (a UNIX variant), the power of a UNIX desktop is shown, the abilities and extensibilities of the Mac platform grow immensely, the quality and stability increases, the development community expands and the overall future of Apple grew rosier".

What Penny understands:

Dtrini has previous experience... sitting on BDSM...something about eunuchs... immense growth...and rosy Apples."

Dtrini said...

The two of you are a trip!

I AM UBERGEEK! Wait till i tell you about my order for a case of Bawls!

And PS, you are in the same boat as my brother. He always says I am talking Chinese when I start explaining stuff to him.

Good thing I married another Ubergeek, isn't it? :)

Penny said...

You know, the more I read that the more I think I'm obsessed with something OTHER than techie stuff, if you know what I mean.

And, yeah, I think it's a good thing we both married people just like us!

Dtrini said...

ROFL, I just read it again and I think you may be right on that. Hee Hee.

Anonymous said...

Oh good. That means the SO and I might see you. We're more geekier than you since we'll probably be there before the parking lot opens (oh.. probably between 5-6am). And, yes, Virginia, there is an AM.

Anonymous said...

So, did you get anything else other than the shirt?? I was sooooo tempted to get an iPod Photo and/or 12" Powerbook (enough about the screen size already!)