Thursday, May 12, 2005

I bet MsMittens is smiling

I'm jealous! When we watched TV and saw the kids on Star Trek going to school and learning early quantum mechanics in the equivalent of grade school and warp theory plus time travel in high school, you were okay with it knowing that was centuries away from becoming a reality.

But here we are today and I want to be a kid again (though many would argue I have yet to outgrow that stage of my life). When our daughter, TC, goes to high school in the fall, she will be experiencing and have the opportunity to experience so much more than we did at our age. She has a grade nine orientation excursion right off the bat. By grade twelve, she coul dhave been in the computer club, made a magazine, designed a website, joined the photography class, learned haute cuisine and fashion and, by happenstance, graduated with all the traditional classes.

I guess our generation also was looked upon as lucky by those that came before us so this just the natural evolution of education and life. We had a good run, now it is their turn and we should not berudge them that.

I just want my authentic light saber, while manipulating images on my dual 2.7GHz G5, watching my 84" Pasma TV that I brought home in my low-rider Navigator to my Smart-home in the rural regions of King City. It's all about balance and I think it is only fair. Don't you?

Peace.



CANOE -- CNEWS - Tech News: Camp shows other side of the firewall

No comments: