Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Quick, late night post

My birthday is over and so too (finally) is this four-day weekend. Uhm, "What four day weekend?" I hear you ask. Well, it started with our group's poker game on Friday night here at our place which went to about 3AM. We got up around 9AM in order to attend the twins of some friends Christening. We ran some errands before later heading up to Newmarket to hang out with them for a spell because it really has been too long and too far between visits. Sunday was a birthday BBQ for my Dad (the 20th) and myself (the 16th); more friends including the Frogs and lots more drinking in conjunction with the wife's most excellent ribs. That went until about ten PM when I had to drop TC by her grandparents. Which brings us to today and the pains in the ribs, lack of sleep and a house in need of tidying in preparation of the night's visitors for TC's confirmation do.

So, except for the sound of water swishing in the dishwasher (which is full for the umteenth time this weekend) and my Dell's keys as I click away on them, the house is quiet for a change. TC child is asleep upstairs. My father and his wife are asleep upstairs in the guest room. DW is asleep upstairs wondering when the hell I will stop doing what I am doing and join her. And I am posting to you folks, uploading confirmation pics, writing some thank you emails, preparing for the dreaded work grind of tomorrow (if one can call all you can eaty sushi lunch a grind), printing some pics for TC to take to school and prepping a machine back to working PVR status.

I know what you are thinking, but it is not simply a serious geek gene, the fact is I get LOADS done at night when the house is all to myself. I have serious attention issues when others are around me so I give them my attention and I do my best work at night. it is when I clean up the house, rebuild machines, catch up on my soaps (*&%^$*^%*& leave it be Beege!) and other things I simpyl am too lazy or too distracted to do during the day. Call me a night owl or an insomiac (as I typically am good on four hours sleep most nights) but it works for me.

DW on the other hand is seriously considering one of those body pillows or better replacements for my side of the bed.

Ciao.

No comments: