Thursday, May 12, 2005

Would you let the Evil Empire in?

My answer will be HELL NO for as long as I can say it. Seriously people, this is the same company that is so concerned with beating every body to the punch that they leave more holes in the OS than old underwear (which you should never wear in case you are hit by a bus).

I like what the theory is; a hardware component in conjunction with new items in the Longhorn OS will help protect the PC's data from unauthorized eyes. That said, I have great apprehension about M$ being able to execute this effectively without leaving a wide open path, flashing neon lights and instructions on how to circumvent and/or corrupt things.

Sorry Bill but now that Linux is getting more and more viable in the desktop area (and I have a serious love on for Jobs and company), besides gaming, you are going to have to give me a VERY good reason to upgrade to the next OS.

And, "because I said so" is no longer going to be reason enough.

Ciao.

CANOE -- CNEWS - Tech News: Hardware security in PCs to accompany new Windows

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a code Amber in Toronto - your ticker didn't work (I was curious to see if it was working and it wasn't)
I checked their website - was curious about it - appears to be strictly US :(