Sunday, April 09, 2006

Gaming Night

For those of you who only know me from this blog or don't really know me in person, understand that at nearing forty I am one of the world's oldest children; I love to play games. I mean any types of games; cards, physical, mental, electronic, board, anything. So, in meeting MS (and consequently PS) at work, and getting to know them and the Englishman and his wife, it was the start of a regular set of outings where we adults could have the fun that seems to be reserved for the kidlets these days. We have some other friends that are into games as well, but I think this little sextet is more dedicated to regular get-togethers for the sole purpose of food, drink, fun and games.

Yesterday was another such opportunity. DW, my wonderful cooking overachiever, tried out some new recipes and they turned out marvelous as usual; rice and peas cooked in coconut milk, a light version of jerk chicken (which will get more "jerked" next time), some super delicious chocolate-chip-sour cherries cookies, a spinach and goat cheese salad, a fruit bowl, hand cut vegetables, and some dips and pita chips from the OOAK show. I am still full. MS and PS also brough this chocolate bunt cake which was amazing; it had to be as I am not normally a chocolate cake eater. I like my cake like my woman. :)

The games for the night, after much fun yapping and drinking were Crossword Pyramids (bought a while back at OOAK when it was being launched), Cranium Hoopla, we broke for dinner and finished off with a very addictive dice game from the Englishman called Liar's Dice (here is a link to a downloadable version of the game, PC and crackberry). That took us well past the midnight hour and it was time to call it a night as PS had to work the next day, and everyone else (except for me, obviously) was ready to hit the hay.

We may not be able to do this monthly, but I hope that once every other month or so will not be too much strain on everyone. We adults need to play too!

Peace.

2 comments:

Penny said...

I'm there. Next one in June at our place?

Dtrini said...

Actually, a certain room-temperature swill drinking gentleman should be hosting the next one. ;)