Sunday, April 16, 2006

Holy Saturday

No, that is not an exclamation, it is the name of the day for the Easter weekend Saturday. Apparently, referring to yesterday as Easter Saturday would be incorrect. What do I know? I am just a lay Catholic.

So Saturday we got up later than we were supposed to. I was going with my nephew to an electronic warehouse to check on pricing; I never made it out. He was there by the time he woke me. No great sale anyhow, though he picked up a Nano for his girlfriend. If you need to have what Nano is explained to you then you lead a sheltered life.

DW and I got up and had some breakfast, trying to plan out the day. We really did not want to do much of anything, and accomplished that feat admirably. We were popping into the nephew and girlfriend's apartment for the first time for a visit. It is a comfortable two-bedroom place in a lowrise (three storey) building. There is no elevator so thankfully they live on the first floor, a short stair climb away. Hammy's girl (nickname to come soon) made a nice Lasagna dinner which we ate too much of. We then fiddled with the Nano for a bit and had him whip us in Ghost Recon on the Xbox 360 (holy mack are the graphics and movement realistic). I am forbidden, however, to obtain the services of a new unit until one of the old units, several computers and a whole lot of junk is removed from the residence. I guess I am getting one next year.

From there we went downtown by my MIL to help her with her TV woes. She usually does something strange and cannot back out of it so I am the go to guy. It was not a big deal, just some cabling issues. We visited for a little while (well, DW did, I was busy watching the game) and then it was back home for the evening.

No comments: