Monday, April 03, 2006

The second part of March Break

Yeah, I know it is a late post; sue me. The rest of the week was dedicated to either enjoying time with our neice and nephew in from Chicago or doing a whole lotta nothing. We picked the kids up from the airport on the Thursday and went over to their mum's mother's place for dinner along with Pam's brother and mother. After that, they came and spent the night with us. Friday morning brought a day of lazing about until we decided to get moving and we headed downtown to surprise our nephew with a little trip for his birthday.

We took them to the Hockey Hall of Fame. It is the first time I had been there (DW had actually beaten me there by a couple of days when she attended on the Tuesday night through work). As a die-hard Toronto Maple Leaf fan (otherwise known as dumbass fan), this really was a treat to go to for me as well. While looking at endless stats, videos and parapharnelia of hockey can get tiring quickly, there really is a lot of information on the game from past to present and you need more time than we had to soak it all in.

We got some pictures (including the requisite one with the Stanley Cup), one with our nephew taking shots on an NHL goalie and of various things of interest around the place. We coughed up for the requisite memoribilia in the tuck shop on the way out as well. From there, we headed over to their aunt's place to drop them off for their next leg of visiting.

The rest of our time off was a mixed bag. Due to another family emergency for my team partner (the third in about four or five months), I had to cut my vacation time and ended up working from Thursday night onwards instead of being completely off until the Monday morning. I will be recouping that time at a later juncture when it suits me best. Needless to say, DW was neither amused nor happy that our week together was now going to be marred by that dang blackberry going off and my now having to answer it. I'll make it up to her later as well.

Well, that was basically the rest of the march break week. Nothing overly exciting to most, but quite enjoyable for the two of us.

Ciao.

No comments: